Children's Services Coordination (CSC)
Children Service Coordinators use a family centered approach to provide families access to services and supports to promote full participation in their community.
Our Children’s Service Coordinators:
- Support families in identifying their strengths, needs, and goals;
- Work with families to find the best ways to meet their specific needs;
- Provide families with information regarding services and resources available;
- Consult with professionals in schools, daycares, and other agencies to develop a family-centered plan that will make a positive difference in a child’s life.
Services may include:
- Navigating services;
- Information and education on other resources and services available;
- Assess eligibility for supports and complete referrals to complementary services;
- Introduction to families with similar needs;
- Consultation and advocacy;
- Transition planning to daycare, school, and adulthood;
- Fostering independence.
Any child is considered eligible if they:
- Are a resident of Manitoba;
- Are between birth and up to age 21; (if you have graduated high school please visit our Provincial Programs and Services for Adults)
- Live with their parent or guardian.
And they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- A permanent physical disability;
- Deaf or hard of hearing (permanent hearing loss);
- A brain injury;
- Seizure disorder.
GPS-Transition Good Planning for Success (PDF)
The nine Key Areas of Concern each includes timelines that you should be aware of. Familiarizing yourself with these will enable you gather enough information so that the services and supports are in place and you and your family are prepared for the actual transition.
- Financial Snapshot (PDF)
- Transportation Snapshot (PDF)
- Social Relationships and Sexuality Snapshot (PDF)
- Recreation and Leisure Snapshot (PDF)
- Legal Snapshot (PDF)
- Independent Living and Housing Snapshot (PDF)
- Health Snapshot (PDF)
- Employment and Volunteerism Snapshot (PDF)
- Education Snapshot (PDF)
For more information please contact the Intake Counsellor for your Regional Office.
Or please contact: