Members of SMD Alliance are Manitobans with disabilities, either as people with a disability themselves or as family members of someone with a disability.
Our SMD Alliance members keep us in touch with the realities that people with disabilities face in their daily lives, helping us direct strategies and programming to meet existing and future needs. SMD Alliance members have a first-hand perspective of what types of programs are currently available, how those programs might be improved and what new programs should be developed.
As a member of SMD Alliance, you will:
- have a voice in determining strategic policy directions of the entire SMD & Me family;
- have the opportunity to select the members of the SMD Alliance Board of Directors;
- receive information and updates on the status of SMD's efforts to advance the voice and concerns of all those living with a disability in Manitoba; and
- Be invited to the Annual Members Meeting where you will be asked to review and approve financial and operating reports and also to elect members of the Board.
There are also other benefits to SMD Alliance membership:
10% discount for in-stock, regular priced items. This discount excludes parts, repairs, labor and special ordered items. Northland Healthcare Products service locations in Winnipeg.
- Northland Healthcare, 67 Goulet Street Winnipeg, MB R2H 0R5 Phone: 204-235-0914
- Northland Healthcare, 865 Bradford Street Winnipeg, MB R3H 0N6 Phone: 204-786-6786
- Northland Healthcare, 9-1341 Henderson Hwy. Winnipeg, MB R2G 1M5 Phone: 204-925-4599
Winnipeg Hearing Centers
10% off any hearing aid purchase, to a maximum of $500. This offer excludes already discounted or special items. Accepted at all Winnipeg Hearing Centers.
Become a Member
To become a member of SMD Alliance, a person must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- If you - or in the case of a child the parent or legal guardian - have received service through SMD within two years of applying,
- or if you are an active member in good standing with any of the SMD Self-Help Clearinghouse organizations, you are eligible to become a Member.
If you feel that you meet the membership requirements, print off the application, fill it out and then send it (along with your membership fee payment, if possible) to:
825 Sherbrook Avenue
Please note that all membership applications are subject to a review by the SMD Alliance Board of Directors and may be subject to membership fees as determined by the Board. Once an application is received, you will be notified of your acceptance or rejection.