Statement of Commitment
The Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) was passed on December 5, 2013, to provide a clear, proactive process to identify, prevent, and remove barriers to accessibility.
As an organization that values the inclusion of all people, the Society for Manitobans with Disabilities (SMD) is committed to the development and implementation of our accessibility plan which will:
- Ensure equal access and participation for people of all abilities
- Meet the needs of people who face accessibility barriers
- Support people of all abilities by collaborating, promoting innovation and embracing diversity
The Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA)
The AMA seeks to identify, remove and prevent barriers in key areas of daily living for people with disabilities in Manitoba. We are committed to meeting the accessibility standards prescribed under the AMA.
- The Accessibility for Manitobans Act (PDF) (Word)
- Our Operating Manual for the Accessible Customer Service Standard (PDF) (Word)
Feedback about the delivery of services/programs to persons with disabilities may be given by telephone, in person, in writing, in electronic format, or through other methods of communication.
Society for Manitobans with Disabilities
825 Sherbrook Street
Winnipeg, MB R3A 1M5